- All four options are approximately 2.75" - 3" long
- Lightweight but durable
- Each set is unique
- A piece of Hawaii island
- Hand painted backs (& sometimes fronts)
- Niobium ear wires (the most hypoallergenic choice of metal!)
- Shipping is included (contact Shelley for local pick up price)
- Gift wrapping available upon request, earrings come in a sweet little pillow box that can be jazzed up with a ribbon and personalized gift card.
About the process
These lightweight, yet durable earrings are all made from the sheath or crownshaft portion of the leaf from a giant palm trees (Mother tree) that is still living and breathing on Hawaii island.
Once the tree gives up the leaf, the sturdy sheath is separated from the leaf, and is soaked in water until soft enough to form into shape. Shelley then hand cuts each pair of earrings herself, drying them over the course of a week into the shapes you see. She hand sands the edges and hand paints the backs and sometimes the fronts, finishing them with a durable polyurethane finish.
Each set is unique and Shelley uses niobium earwires that will feel perfect on anyone with metal sensitivity.
Price includes insured shipping to all states in the US via USPS. If you'd like to pick up locally, contact Shelley to have the price reduced.